Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Springtime Has Arrived...finally!

Spring is finally here!
*
Well, at least for those of us in Southern California. (But then again we don't get much of a real Winter
anyways!)
*
So sorry for you guys in the rest of the country, I know many of you are still covered in snow. I guess you will have to live vicariously through me for now.
*
Spring always makes me want to put on a pretty dress and walk barefoot through the grass. This Spring has me thinking of new wardrobe options.
Seeing as how there is not much extra money in the coffers right now; I am turning my thoughts to crafty ways to stretch and upcycle the wardrobe I already have.
*
Recently I was bitten by the Clothing Reconstruction Bug, and it has me looking at everything in a whole new way. Now, instead of getting rid of clothes that I haven't worn in awhile, or don't fit anymore; I am now thinking of other uses for these them besides the thrift shop.
*
I have a whole bunch of t-shirts that I wasn't wearing, for one reason or another, (too big, too small, not cut the way I like, etc.) A few weeks ago, I got out my fabric shears, and went to town. I recut the necklines and the sleeves into more appealing designs. I made scoop necks, v-necks, even made a one shoulder cut. For the sleves, I trimmed some a bit, others I sliced up the top seam, and made flapping shoulder sleeves, and some I used the extra strips to tie onto the shoulders. My favorites are the ones where I opened up the back with slits, and tied strips to them to searate the slits.
*
My next project entails me cutting down my old hippie skirts to make some flowy blouses with v-necks and some with spagehtti straps. I also have some skirts in mind. I want to try my hand at the recycled jean skirts, and also make some cotton flare skirts, for all those nice Summer days. If succeed, then I will be duplicating them in a smaller size for my daughter, Makayla. I used to make sundresses,; and I may have to start again...because a girl needs a few new dresses to enjoy the warm weather.
*
Untill then, I will just have to keep fantsizing about about these gorgeous creations that I find on the web. I love the cute and classy look of them. Even the prices are right, (just not for broke little old me!) Now maybe I could make friends with a talented seamtress an barter...Hmm***One of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails